Friday, June 22, 2007

My first Tempurpedic Post

I recently bought a memory foam pillow at a mall in Mesa Arizona. After a few nights’ sleep I have to admit I have never slept so well in my life. How does this stuff work? I wonder if I bought a tempurpedic mattress or tempurpedic mattress pad if I would sleep much better? There are so many mixed reviews of how this stuff works and what is good and what isn’t. There are also a few buying guides about it and one states:

The Key To Tempurpedic Mattress Success:

High Density Foam Has More Body And Longer Memory. Memory foam density ranges from 2.5lb to 5.9lb. (density is measured in pounds per cubic foot). Tempurpedic foam used in memory mattresses is 5.3 lb which means that a cube of Tempur material, one foot in each direction, weighs a whopping 5.3 lb. But how does this relate to comfort and support? Mattresses made of the higher density foam are much better quality and perform better over their expected lifetime. Here’s why.In high density foam like Tempurpedic’s, there are billions of small, open cells (bubbles with holes in them), tightly packed together. When you lie down on a Tempur mattress, air flows slowly between the bubbles giving it time to gently cradle the natural hollows of your body, distribute your weight and relieve pressure..”

I am wondering who sells the highest density memory foam though? It would seem like if you got foam too dense it would be like sleeping on a rock right? I also wonder what’s next? A bed or pillow made of gel? Maybe I’ll sleep on it.

No comments: